Beth Haim 'The House of Life'
Welcome to the new website of Beth Haim, the Portuguese-Jewish cemetery in Ouderkerk aan de Amstel. The cemetery occupies an area of 4 hectares and dates from 1614. It is open to the public. The entrance is next to the Vegahuis - the caretaker’s house (1883) in Kerkstraat. The Rodeamentoshuis or House of Processions (1705) is situated in the cemetery close to the water-gate on the Bullewijk.
November 2010, the message is clear: the municipality of Ouder-Amstel officially cuts all funding as of 2012 for Beth Haim!
Beautiful images of Studio Koning: this must be preserved!
Help Beth Haim!
We urgently need funds to preserve the magnificent tombstones, to complete the restoration of the burial sites of the 2nd half of the 19th century, for yearly professional and intensive grounds maintenance.
IBAN NL45 RABO 0351 8488 00